Maison Moderne is growing their team of talented web engineers to amplify digital product innovation.
Founded in 1994, Maison Moderne is the leading independent media company based in Luxembourg. A local outfit catering to international brands, we operate four complementary business units: a publishing house, content agency, advertising agency and business club. Our unique media ecosystem allows us to create value for clients across a vast media landscape. In English or French, digital or print; our 100+ multi-lingual and diverse workforce is our biggest asset and at the heart of everything we do.
The Full Stack Web Engineer will be responsible for keeping existing products reliable as well as assuring innovation and evolutions. As part of a cross-unit interdisciplinary team, you will drive the implementation of innovative new digital features, services and products. You will operate in back-end and front-end environments.
You will work iteratively and through collaboration by applying agile methodologies.
- Full Stack proficiency;
- Java/Scala expertise with proven experience of at least 2 years. You have an interest in functional programming. Experience with the Play Framework is an asset;
- Proficient knowledge of MongoDB or other similar document-oriented databases;
- Professional experience with cloud-based infrastructure, preferable Amazon AWS (S3, SQS, SNS, EC2, Lambda, MongoDB Atlas);
- Safe and familiar with agile/lean production methodologies (Scrum, DevOps). Professional Experience with continuous delivery workflows and with modern test, production and deployment tools, processes and platforms (Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, Bash, etc.);
- Self-starter personality, ready to work autonomously;
- Strong motivation to recognize quality as an essential part of the product (Technology, Design/UX, Process);
- Passionate about technology and digital product development. You admire scalable, secure, maintainable and performant architectures. You like to create ergonomic and easy-to-use interfaces with web technologies.
- Positive attitude;
- Professional ability to estimate, assess and qualify project results;
- Professional communication skills in English. French is an asset.
What we are offering
- A dynamic environment, a committed and multicultural team, a positive working atmosphere;
- A company with an excellent reputation firmly established in the economic fabric of Luxembourg and the Greater Region;
- A full-time permanent contract;
- Start date: February/March 2020 if possible.
If you think you are the right person for this job, please send us your application, CV and cover letter. If you think about someone else, don't hesitate to send this job description!
All applications will be handled with the strictest confidence.